All parents who registered that their child was returning to school should have received email notification of their child’s bubble. We appreciate that some children (and parents) will feel wary and worried about the groups. We have tried our very best to organise these with knowledge of the children in mind, but also within some constraints that are unavoidable:
· whether children are key worker pupils
· whether children need/are eligible for full or half day
· whether pupils are attending breakfast club or after school club
· where we need to accommodate pupils with individual needs where we are able to
· where we need to accommodate staff childcare patterns/difficulties in these extraordinary times (many staff childcare options are still not up and running or running with reduced hours/service)
· where we are managing with reduced staff as they are in self-shielding
We have limited “wiggle room” within the arrangements that have been made with all but two bubbles full at capacity of 15, with the 2 with spaces being either made up of only Year 4 pupils (therefore inappropriate for younger children to join), or with children from Reception, Year 2 and Year 3 together.
Please do not ask us to move your child into a different bubble as at present this isn’t possible. The key aim of the bubble structure and the school’s overarching principle with the wider opening, as underpinned by the risk assessment that has been agreed is:
- Keeping children, families and staff as safe as possible from known risk.
- Minimising the spread of Covid-19.
- Providing a school based education for as many children as is safely possible.
- Continuing our support for home based education.
- Supporting the mental wellbeing of children in our school
Many thanks for your understanding.